Thursday, January 1, 2009

every girl is a princess

Staring at myself in the mirror, different feelings steamed in my head. I felt angry at myself, sad that about the way I look, depressed about the way I think, speak, react, interact...How come that I don't look any other one ... be any other I deal withHow come that my eyes are not wider...How come that my nose is not smaller...How come and how come and how come...I nearly swept into tears and felt so down, down below...

I closed my eyes and imagined a different ME! I started searching for the ways to reach this other, except for a tiny voice tingling inside... struggling to be heard... growing stronger and waiting patiently to be obeyed: "I AM DIFFERENT! SO WHAT!!"I only need to know that I am pretty inside. Then, beauty comes outside.I only have to believe that no one else is like me. Then, my glamour will show. I do not have to be anybody else. I just need to be ME... think like the way I do... feel the way I do... and act the way I do...
Think of all the butterflies swarming in the fields.Think how different each one is, how unique each one is.No butterfly is better than me, I am different, unique and I am me.

HAY! I am a princess.

2 comments:

Shimo said...

I agree with you 100%. Beauty comes from inside.
You reminded me of these words:

I know where beauty lives
Ive seen it once, I know the warm she gives
The light that you could never see
It shines inside, you cant take that from me

Ayat Elshami said...

that's awkward from you... unless you were impersonating someone else when you looked into the mirror... Or maybe your mirror needs fixing...
You couldn't have been any prettier, because ma shaa Allah la quwata ella bEllah, you are the beauty any artist would search for to paint ;)